I am a relationship coordinator for a marketing campaign run by a successful business management company based in Swansea, Wales. I am a recent graduate of Swansea University where I gained a BSc (Econ) in Criminology and Psychology. I am currently studying an MSc in Forensic Psychology and Criminology with the Open University.
My interests include Ripperology, the study of Jack the Ripper and the Whitechapel murders and other related true crime cases. I have studied the case since the age of 16, and am a moderator on www.jtrforums.com and have written several articles for Ripperologist magazine. I am also an amateur magician, having had an interest in the art since a young age but only seriously practising for two years.
I am an Assistant Scout leader with the 1st Loughor Scouts and Assistant Explorer Scout Leader with Caws Mawr Explorers. I have been involved in Scouting since the age of 6, and became an adult volunteer as soon as I turned 18.
My dream career is to be a Forensic Psychologist, which I hope to achieve in the future.
PGDip FPS (Open) – Open University 2013
PGCert (Open) Soc Sci – Open University 2012
BSc(Econ) Criminology and Psychology, 2:2, Swansea University 2007-2010
A Levels Psychology, Law, Politics (Grade B), Gorseinon College 2004-2007
AS Levels Philosophy (Grade B) and Classical Civilisation (Grade C)
9 GCSE’s Grade’s A-C (including English and Maths), Penyrheol Comprehensive School, 1999-2004
Relationship Coordinator, Lgo Knowledge, November 2010 – Present
Responsible for Mac for Business campaign, general admin work and managing relationships between partners, clients and consultants.
Penyrheol Leisure Centre, October 2005 – July 2008
Relief Theatre Technician – Responsible for general upkeep of Theatre area, show set up and running. Part of a team of three, main tasks were stage management (involving liaising between theatre companies, other technicians, theatre management and hire companies) and followspot operation/lighting desk operation.
Thornes Estate Agents, Llanelli July 2003
Work Experience – involved accompanying Estate Agent and surveyor on house showings, surveyances, answering phones and taking messages from customers.
Other Skills and Experiences:
• IT skills – GCSE ICT Grade B, Key Skills in ICT. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office
• Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Accredited ThinkUKnow
• An avid Scouter working with young people aged 8-18.
• An active member of the local Scout Network group.
• Committee Publicity Officer since 2006
• Media Development Manager for Glamorgan West Scouts, responsible for getting news stories to local media and managing the Area website.
• Served two years on the area executive committee.
• Nominated Youth Representative to the national Scout Association.
• Member of the Security team for World Scout Jamboree 2007, WINGS 2009, and Norjam 2010.
• Member of the organising team and Health and Welfare Manager for AWESOME 2009 attended by nearly 500 young people from Wales.
• Part of organising team for 2011 Glamorgan West Area Scout Camp
• Service team member for local Scout campsite
• My other interests include True Crime (both current and historical), reading, writing, cinema, and history.
• Had two articles published in Ripperologist magazine (Issue 100 pt 2 March 2009, Issue 106 September 2009)
• Enjoy target shooting and am qualified by the NSRA to instruct young people to shoot air rifles.
• Member of Friendship Theatre Group – followspot operator/stage crew 2004-present
• Organising committee, technical producer and stage manager for Scout and Guide Gangshow